CANTERBURY BALWYN RD UNITING CHURCH (CBUC)
Our Vision: “God in us: in our actions, our beliefs and our worship
We believe that our Vision is about God incarnate through Jesus Christ who lived amongst us in the world. Through Him, we want to participate in God’s mission in the world.
- Welcoming all with love and compassion, regardless of where they are in their journey in life;
- Nurturing growth so members can enjoy fellowship with Christ through active service in the church and community;
- Spreading the Good News to all members of Canterbury Rd Uniting Church and its communities;
- Reaching out with compassion to those in need;
- Empowering the congregation to discover the power of the Holy Spirit in faith, and in everyday life;
- Recognising the First and Second peoples and finding ways to work together towards achieving the CBUC’s vision
- Youth Connect Service – Sunday 23rd June 6pm – All are WELCOME
- Church Fundraising Concert – Saturday 29th June 7pm
- Elders Meeting Saturday 20th July
The church was built in 1890, and interestingly, the main internal structure resembles a cross in its layout. The building features red brick, exposed beams, a bell tower and stained glass windows. The current congregation has been worshiping here since 1991.
Members of the church play an active role in the community. Our Pastoral Care Group runs services at local nursing homes and holds luncheons for the elderly.
As well as contributing to worship at our weekly Sunday services, our choir also sings at community events such as the Canterbury Garden Carols.
Our youth group, too, performs at various events, such as fundraisers for members of the community, and cultural and sporting occasions.
All are welcome to get involved!